The transfer process can be initiated once the user has gone through all the pre-requisites of transferring an order. Please refer to the article - 01 GCP - Prerequisites to order.
The GCP account transfer enables transferring of an existing customer's GCP account into CloudBlue provider organization (Ingram Micro). The customer could be having direct relationship with Google or be under another distributor organization and wants to come under the CloudBlue service provider organization.
The transfer process involves three primary steps.
The user starts the GCP ordering workflow and chooses "Transfer" option. The user creates the order and submits. A new sub-billing account for the customer would be created by the system under the CloudBlue service provider.
- Select the GCP offer under Infrastructure category and add to cart as shown below.
- Confirm the product selection and choose the customer. This is same as in any other cloud market place product.
- Provide the information needed to provision GCP Account for the end customer.
- The user should provide the customer business domain for which he wants GCP infrastructure account. The user needs to also provide a Google recognized (Gmail address) for the entity who is going to administer and manage customer newly provisioned GCP account. If the reseller is managed service provider and is going to manage the customer infrastructure then reseller provides his Gmail address. If the customer is himself going to administer and manage his new GCP account infrastructure then the customer Gmail address needs to be provided.
- The order mode should be "Transfer" to move existing customer GCP account to under the distributor org.
- The user confirms the order and submits.
After the user submits the customer GCP account transfer order, as described in Step 1 above, the system creates a billing account for the customer under the CloudBlue service provider distribution. The customer would need to move his existing GCP projects to the new billing account within his GCP console. Only after that, the transfer process would complete and customer would be invoiced.
After the user completes Step 1 above, the customer would receive an Inquiry screen in control panel asking if he has completed moving his projects to the new billing account under the CloudBlue service provider. The customer would move his existing projects to the new billing account visible in his GCP console and confirm in the Inquiry screen for the transfer process to complete.
- After Step 1 is completed, where user creates transfer order and submits, the following Inquiry screen would appear in the customer control panel.
- The customer would need to answer the "Customer Modified Projects". The customer should complete the moving of his GCP projects to the new billing account as shown below and then come back to the above screen and confirm "Yes" for the transfer process to complete.
- The customer goes to his GCP console (as he has existing GCP account, he already has login information).
- The new billing account would become visible in the GCP console and the customer would point his existing GCP projects to the new billing account. The GCP projects he does not change, will continue to be invoiced by their past providers.
- After completing the above actions in their GCP console, the customer would come back to customer control panel and confirm that he has moved the projects under the CloudBlue service provider.
- The transfer process would then continue and the transfer would be completed.