Please review cancellation policies for products in New Commerce Experience.
Seat-based Licenses (M365, O365, EMS, W365, D365, Power Platform, Windows 10 Enterprise) in NCE
7 days cancellation window
Azure in NCE
Billed based on consumption of previous month
Perpetual software in NCE
30-day cancellation window (pro-rated)
Note: Starting July 11, 2022, partners will only have a seven-day (168 hours) cancellation window. This will be applicable for both new purchases and renewals for software subscriptions in NCE. The proration will be calculated daily
Software Subscription in NCE
30-day refund policy (for prorated refund)
Once the service has been successfully provisioned and the status of the Sales Order is set to “Active”, transacting partners will be able to execute a Cancel order for the active subscription per the cancellation policy for the subscription referenced in the table above.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions page found on the Customers tab.
- Find the active subscription and click to view the subscription details.
- Click on the [...] button and select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down list (NOTE - This option will be disabled after the 7-day cancellation window is over).
- On the Confirm Cancellation screen, choose the reason for cancellation and click the Confirm button.
- Once the Cancel order is complete, click on the order number to be redirected to the Order Details screen.
- Once all the provisioning steps are done, the Cancel order status will be set to Completed.
- If desired, transacting partners can set up a notification email to inform end-customers that their Cancel order is complete.
- After cancellation, transacting partners need to manually check with their provider that the in-arrears Credit is going to be applied to their account.